Since retiring in 2009 from the RCMP, I now promote the value of self-care/ help therapy everyday such as a healthy and active life blended with a positive attitude. I encourage people to speak up against bullying in the workplace, by providing a personal perspective and strategies on how to deal with these problems with the right ‘toolkit’.
In 2013 I was asked to provide testimony for the Senate Committee on Status of Women focusing on the impact of harassment in the RCMP and the effect on victims. Subsequently, requested to provide witness, written testimony and recommendations for the Senate Committee on the workplace culture of the RCMP. In 2016, was part of a panel discussion on the follow up of the RCMP Class Action Lawsuit settlement and how to move forward as an organization implementing work cultural changes.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police 20 year good service Plaque
‘If no one says anything then nothing changes’, was the motive for writing ‘Women Not Wanted’ in 2007, 2nd edition 2010,which details my experiences as a female officer, the difficulties encountered with sexual harassment, discrimination and workplace conflict.
Lake Agassi Murders, was my first work of fiction is a mystery about a small town police officer search for a killer.
Find Your Voice – surviving workplace conflict in 2016, which details the tools and strategies I created over the years to deal with workplace conflict.
Part of book sales and speaking engagements is donated to charity. “Think global, act local.”
I am also a contributor to the book: Sink, Swim or Float: How to survive the tidal waves of life http://www.prowoman.net/propub/authors/authors.htm
Some proud highlights, you can find more examples on my Work with Me page.
- Toastmaster in the Arts of Gimli 2013 – 2016
- Presented at the IAWP Regional Conference Las Vegas March 2014
- Keynote speaker with Legal Education and Action Fund, LEAF Manitoba 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, WISE Manitoba 2016 focusing on workplace conflict for high school students.
- VOW – Voices of Women New York Women’s Conference New York City, 2010,
- IWRC – Interlake Women’s Resource Centre Board Member 2011 – 2014
- People to People Delegate to Israel 2010 peopletopeople.com
University of Winnipeg, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Major in Conflict Resolution Studies, Graduate 2012
Red River College Winnipeg Human Resource Management (Honours), Management Development (Honours) 2002
- IAWP International Association of Women Police.
- CAPS Manitoba Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.
- Gimli Toastmasters in the Arts
- RCMP Veterans Association